24.6 C
Jaipur
Wednesday, September 22, 2021

10 reasons why smartphones may catch fire

Must read

Recently, a flight in the US had to be evacuated after a smartphone caught fire mid-air. While the chances of smartphones catching fire are rare, this probability also depends on the way we use our devices. With most smartphones housing powerful batteries of around 4,500mAh and above along with fast charging capabilities, it is highly recommended to use your phone carefully. Irrespective of which brand’s smartphone you are using, we have come across incidents where batteries of new phones have exploded without any warning signs. In most cases, the smartphone brands have claimed it to be the fault of users. Here are 10 mistakes you must avoid to prevent your phone from catching fire.

110

Using your phone even when it’s damaged

Whenever you drop the phone and there is some severe damage, stop using it immediately and get the device checked at a service centre. This is because a cracked display or body frame may let water or sweat enter the device or the battery may not be usable any longer. Using damaged phones is risky.

GadgetsNow

210

Using fake or duplicate chargers

Be very careful while using fast charging adapters. Always stick to using the one that has come with your smartphones. Using chargers of higher power rating may stress the battery of your phone. Also, don’t use duplicate chargers.

GadgetsNow

310

Using third-party or fake batteries

Never use third-party or fake batteries. Using such batteries can pose serious safety issues. A poorly made lithium-ion battery can overheat, catch fire and explode.

GadgetsNow

410

Using your smartphone even if when it is getting hot

If you notice your device getting unusually warm then keep it aside, unplug from charging and stay away from it.

GadgetsNow

510

Using car charging adapters to charge your mobile, instead use a power bank

Using a power bank to charge your phone while driving is safer compared to using the car charging adapter. This is because, in India, car owners tend to get accessories installed from third party vendors and the integrity of the wiring may be compromised. It may lead to sudden surge of power that may cause your phone to explode.

GadgetsNow

610

Overcharging your phone

Do not keep your phone for charging overnight and it is not always necessary to charge your phone till 100%. It’s a good habit to stop charging the battery after 90% as it extends the lifespan of the battery. Not to forget overcharging your phone may cause the battery to expand and it becomes risky.

GadgetsNow

710

Charge your smartphone while keeping it is kept under direct sunlight

Make sure your phone is not subject to unnecessary heat when it is charging. So, keep it away from direct sunlight or other heat sources, particularly when it is charging.

GadgetsNow

810

Exerting unnecessary pressure on your smartphone

Do not exert unnecessary pressure on your smartphone, especially while charging, by keeping something on top of it.

GadgetsNow

910

Charging your smartphone by plugging it on a power strip or extension cord

Using a power strip or extension cord increases the risk of short circuits.

GadgetsNow

1010

Getting your phone repaired at local repair shops

Do not repair your smartphone at local repair shops. Only go to authorised company service centres. Local shops may not have the right kind of tools to repair a particular device and may mess with the circuit.

Source link

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article