The AirTag is one of those Apple devices that has had its own share of controversies. However, Apple has gone for a limited edition AirTag just for the customers in Japan in view of the Japanese New Year, as per a report by Macrumors.
The tech giant is offering a free limited edition AirTag with custom engraving with every purchase of a new iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE. But the offer is for the first 20,000 customers only. The AirTag offer is part of a two-day promotion by the company in Japan, during which customers who purchase an eligible Apple product on January 2 and 3 will each get a free Apple gift card worth up to ¥24,000.
One thing to note here is that the limited edition AirTag offer cannot be availed if you place an iPhone order through the App Store app. So, customers who want the offer should order through Apple’s online store only. More details can be found on the Apple website.
Here are the exact gift card values for each eligible product
- “¥3,000 for AirPods (2nd generation), AirPods (3rd generation), Beats Flex, Beats Studio Buds, Apple Pencil (2nd generation), AirTag (4-pack), and select other accessories
- ¥6,000 for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE (plus a limited-edition AirTag for the first 20,000 customers who place an order)
- ¥6,000 for Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch SE, AirPods Pro, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Beats Studio3 Wireless, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats Pro, and Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro
- ¥12,000 for iPad Pro, MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini
- ¥24,000 for 27-inch iMac”