The Currys Boxing Day and January sale is live online, with big savings up for grabs on loads of top tech and home items. Currys says there’s up to 30% off thousands of products, but we’ve seen bigger discounts than that – there’s 66% off some coffee machines, for a start.
Currys was one of the first retailers to kickstart this year’s Boxing Day sales. As you might expect, it’s stuck to offers in traditionally strong areas such as laptops, TVs, tech and large home appliances. There are also many deals outside of this, many of which will be familiar if you shopped during the retailer’s last-minute Christmas deals – which have been available for a while.
Here, we’ve picked the best deals in the Currys Boxing Day and January sale. They include offers on the most-wanted products, items with massive savings, and just deals we don’t think you should miss.
Currys Boxing Day and January sale: quick links
- Air fryers: £50 off Ninja Air Fryers, plus Tefal and Morphy Richards
- Appliances: save up to £120 off Samsung and LG washing machines
- Cameras: up to £200 off Fujifilm and Panasonic mirrorless cameras
- Coffee machines: Dolce Gusto by De’Longhi for just £34
- Fitness trackers: save up to £40 on FitBit wearables
- Gaming: up to £200 off gaming PCs, monitors and accessories
- Headphones: save up to £70 on Sony. Bose and JBL
- Laptops: up to £300 off HP, Dell and Asus
- Nintendo Switch: £20 off Switch consoles and bundles
- Oculus Quest 2: save £38 on Oculus Quest 2 bundles with accessories
- PS5: up to £20 off FIFA, Call of Duty, Spiderman
- Phones: up to £100 off Samsung, Apple and Motorola handsets
- Smart home: Google Nest speakers and devices starting at £18
- Smartwatch: save up to £80 on Apple Watch, Fitbit, and Fossil devices
- Speakers: HiFi and Bluetooth speakers from £19.97
- Stand mixers: up to £130 off KitchenAid, Bosch and Kenwood appliances
- Tablets: Amazon Fire tablets starting at just £34.99
- TVs: cheap 4K TVs starting at just £149, with leading brands up to £1200 off
- Vacuums: save up to £150 on Bissell, Shark and Dyson
- Xbox: save on Assassin’s Creed, Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty
5 best deals in the Currys Boxing Day sale
Frequently asked questions
When will the Currys Boxing Day sales begin?
We expected the Currys Boxing Day and January sales to begin on December 26 this year, but early bird deals have been live from Christmas Eve. As we’ve seen throughout 2021, it’s not been unusual for retailers to start their sales early – something that’s becoming increasingly common over bigger events like Black Friday.
Will Currys be open on Boxing Day?
Yep, Currys should be open on Boxing Day with most, if not all, of its Boxing Day sales being available in store. As you’d expect, this is subject to change depending on restrictions, but as of writing, we’ve seen nothing to indicate that this year stores will be closed.
There may be requirements for masks or customer number restrictions in store over the day, so definitely be prepared for that. Last year we saw an uneasy tiered lockdown system where some stores we open and some weren’t, so we’d recommend using the Currys store finder to check your local situation. The store finder can also be used to look up local opening times.
Currys Boxing Day sale: what to expect
There are a few categories (and products) that we expect to be the main areas of focus in this year’s Currys Boxing Day sale. These include appliances, laptops, TVs, headphones, smart home, mobile phones and gaming. This is mostly based on what’s been on sale previously at the retailer over the Black Friday and pre-Christmas events, as well as what’s generally popular right now. There will, of course, be literally thousands of items on sale over the entire store page, but we imagine the above will be the categories that most people are going to be shopping for over late December and in January.
Making the most of the Currys Price Match promise
Whether it’s Christmas, Black Friday, or the January sales, online retailers are always looking to undercut each other on price. That’s good news for consumers, but it does mean you have to spend time searching around the web to make sure you’re paying as little as possible for a particular gadget.
Enter Currys Price Match Promise. As the name suggests, Currys will match the price of a product if you can find it cheaper elsewhere – there are a few terms and conditions to make a note of, but that’s the gist.
It means that if you see the same product available for less at any other retailer – either online or in store – Currys will match that price if you shop with it instead. The company will even match any discount codes that are being offered, so you don’t need to pay a penny more than you have to.
There are a few terms and conditions to bear in mind, as we’ve mentioned: the competing offer must be from a UK retailer, and the items must be identical, right down to the model number (it’s always worth double-checking). Also, delivery and installation charges, product protection services and other add-ons aren’t included, so factor those out when comparing prices.
Read more: How to use the Currys Price Match Promise