TechRadar can confirm that Target employees have been preparing for a PS5 restock that is likely to happen tomorrow morning. An Xbox Series X restock is also said to be ready for the same online-only ordering.
“We have roughly 8 Xbox consoles and 22 PS5 consoles,” we were told in a Direct Message on Twitter. There are more said to be many more PS5 Disc Editions and very few to no PS5 Digital Editions for the impending Target restock.
Last time there was a major Target PS5 restock, it happened at 8am EST, so it’s best to be prepared to wake up early, even if you’re on the West Coast.
🚨🚨I’m getting a lot of photos showing Target is readying the PS5 Disc for sale tomorrow. Moreover, three Target employees have also said they have PS5 and Xbox stock for an online-only purchase (in store pickup).More info and pics to come on @techradar https://t.co/613oJJyc3I pic.twitter.com/XktFgTaTQNMarch 7, 2021
TechRadar also has several photos of boxes in the Target backroom showing Xbox Series X and PS5 inventory, although we are withholding those pictures until we can ensure there are no markings that can be traced back to our sources.
You can do two things today. Check the stores below and receive alerts from our PS5 restock Twitter tracker.
It’ll look like:
🚨>90mins to Xbox restock / 2hrs to PS5 🌟Walmart🌟THIS IS THE BIG ONE🐳 PS5 Digital https://t.co/znn5fqVNI1PS5 Disc https://t.co/fOQxCworacXbox Series X https://t.co/rDu9ZnRy1iXbox Series S https://t.co/wU69mKu7OiMy how to buy it tips @techradar: https://t.co/LjreRk1bbsMarch 4, 2021
- 2. Check for PS5 restock yourself – these are the 12 trusted stores
Check these stores for PS5
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – always check for surprise stock
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – great source due to affordable bundles that stay in stock longer
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – just went out of stock Thursday
- Sony Direct: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Target: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – in stock Friday
- B&H Photo: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
- Sam’s Club: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Costco: PS5
- Adorama: PS5
- Antonline: PS5
PS5 has been nearly impossible to find in stock for more than a few minutes every time stores restock the Sony console. We’re finding the same can be said about the Xbox Series X. Both Sony and Microsoft launches their respective consoles in November 2020 and haven’t been able to manufacturer enough to meet demand.
Stores like Target, Walmart and Best Buy routinely add new stock to their stores and the crush of people coming to their sites often crashes the pages.